HOKA TECTON X2 CHALLENGE
Here comes a brand-new challenge that will test the fitness of both beginner and expert trail runners in the country! The Itogonia Trail Series presented by HOKA Philippines will consist of 3 unique race courses offering the most beautiful trails within the Cordillera.
The opening salvo of the trilogy, the HOKA TECTON X2 CHALLENGE by Itogonia, will be happening on 15 April 2023, starting & finishing in Baguio City. The route consists of single tracks, dirt roads, and panoramic views in the City of Pines.
On race day, Hoka Philippines will officially launch the Tecton X2, their fastest trail shoe yet. The carbon-plated shoe has been battle-tested by world champions; Jim Walmsley and Allie Mack, both international Hoka Athletes.
The first leg is open to all fitness levels, from zero-to-5km or zero-to-10K. Finishers of this leg will be recognized as “Hoka Tecton X2 Finisher”.
Event Date: 15 April 2023
Race Venue: Baguio City
Distances: 5 KM | 10 KM
Registration Fee: Php 999.00* (5km / 10km)
First come, first serve. Limited slots only.
Gun-start & Cut-off Times:
5KM- 7:30AM | 9:00AM
10KM- 7:00AM | 9:30AM
- Event Singlet
- Race Bib
- Ecological Fee
- Timing Chip
- Aid Station Food
- Finisher’s Token
- Raffle Ticket
Top 3 Male and Female for each category will each receive a winner’s trophy and goodies from sponsors.
Raffle draw will be during the awarding ceremony on race day.
Mandatory Items: Race Bib, Hydration Bottle, Timing Bracelet
GUIDELINES/RULES & REGULATIONS
- There will be NO DISPOSABLE CUPS on all Aid/ Water stations, please bring an extra cup/extra water bottle.
- Strictly NO LITTERING. Violation of this rule is subject to outright disqualification.
- Run on a designated route only. No shortcuts.
- All runners must be on the starting line 15 minutes before gun-start. After the gun start, the sweeper will be released. Strictly no late starters.
- Runners’ Bib Number should be pinned and must be worn on the front of the body, unfolded, and visible at all times. No race bib, no run. Bandits are not allowed during the event.
- In case a runner decides not to continue with the race, they must inform the nearest aid station or marshal and immediately surrender their timing bracelet.
- The Race Director reserves the right to modify the course, rules, and regulations under some circumstances for the safety of all runners.
- Maintain the Integrity of the Race. Runners are “deputized” to report any suspicion of cheating during the race. The RD has the authority to declare disqualification to any runner before, during, and after the race. Any infraction or violation of these guidelines/rules and regulations shall be dealt with accordingly and the RD shall immediately impose a decision on such violation.
- Written Protest should be made within 1 hour after the cut-off time in case there’s a complaint against cheating or violation of rules. A protest fee of P1000 will be collected to process the complaint.
- The spirit of trail running where runners are disciplined, honest, and caring /supportive of one another is highly encouraged. Remember to treat the other runners as your FRIENDS and SUPPORT them to Finish the Race.
- Once paid, *registration is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Runners shall carry their mandatory gear from start to finish.