The first-ever virtual edition of our annual Run for Trails is here, and now open for registration: https://www.upbaguiomountaineers.org/events/rft-2022/
This year’s Run for Trails is an advocacy run instead of a race, with the theme, “Tumakbo Para sa Kalikasan, Bumoto Para sa Kinabukasan.” We encourage everyone to participate as we mobilize for environmental issues and with the upcoming national election, call for sustainable programs and policies and judicious environmental governance.
In addition, proceeds from this run will support the purchase and distribution of portable desalination devices for communities devastated by Typhoon Rai (Odette) in Bohol, Philippines.
Registration for Run for Trails 2022 will be conducted online from April 4 to April 21, 2022.
In order to complete the registration form, participants must provide proof of payment. After submission, registered names will be included in the Leaderboard.
Participants of all ages may join from anywhere in the world.
- Participants below 18 years old must have consent from a parent or guardian upon registration.
- Participants shall track their completed run performance using their preferred running app and upload a screenshot along with photo proof to the Run Logs. Only data logged from 22 April 2022 to 8 May 2022 shall be considered.
- Participants may run wherever they are comfortable (e.g. on the road, on a treadmill), but are strongly encouraged to run outdoors, in line with UPBM’s advocacy on accessible green spaces and sustainable mobility.
Participants may sign up to run for:
Participants will not be allowed to move between categories once the virtual run has already started.
Payment is 500PHP for participants based in the Philippines and 15USD for participants based outside the country. The fee includes:
- a Run for Trails 2022 finisher t-shirt with your race category indicated;
- a vinyl sticker pack containing original artwork by Filipino artists; and
- a finisher’s e-certificate sent to your email
The items shall be sent via courier to the address provided in the registration form. Shipments to participants in the Philippines shall be charged cash on delivery fees, depending on location.
As a bonus, your contribution will go towards assisting communities decimated by the recent typhoon in Bohol, Philippines. You can also donate instead.
Once payment is confirmed, participants will be issued an individual race number via email. Each participant shall use this number to log his/her/their respective run performance in the Run Logs.
Participants based in the Philippines may pay using the following QR Codes on the event page.
The Run for Trails is NOT a race, but in the spirit of fun, the following special awards shall be awarded:
- Early Bird (first registrant on April 1, 2022 GMT +8)
- Oldest Runner
- Youngest Runner
- Best View/Route (most likes on the UPBM Facebook Page)
- Best Outfit (most likes on the UPBM Facebook Page)
- Turtle Runner (last to complete their run on May 8, 2022, 11:59PM GMT+8)
- Most Elevation Gained (proof needed in Run Logs)
The recipients of the special awards shall be announced on the UPBM Facebook Page. The special awards shall be sent to the winners via courier to the address provided in their registration forms.
Race participants may also post to UPBM’s Facebook Community, to share photos, videos and updates from their respective runs. UPBM retains the right to publish, distribute and make use of race participants’ posts on this group, free of charge, for legitimate purposes in connection with Run for Trails 2022. Race participants are likewise encouraged to highlight their personal environmental advocacies in their posts.