Registration for The Polar Circle Marathon 2022 opens Tuesday 08 February at 9am (CET).
Be ready and mark your calendars – The Polar Circle Marathon will take place on October 29-30 2022.
Join some of the world’s most adventurous, daring people at the Polar Circle Marathon! While you may face bone-chilling wind as you race across the arctic tundra onto Greenland’s Ice Sheet, the beauty of this arctic desert brings warmth to your spirit. Glacier tongues and moraine landscapes comprise the backdrop to this extreme race, which features a marathon on Saturday and a half-marathon on Sunday.
Polar Bear Challenge
If a single race isn’t enough, test your toughness with the Polar Bear Challenge! If you choose to run both distances and finish within the time limits, you’ll receive a medal for each distance plus a medal for the Polar Bear Challenge.
Are you as awesome as the Arctic’s biggest predator?
- Distances: Marathon, half-marathon & Polar Bear Challenge
- Location: Kangerlussuaq, Greenland
- Climate: -9 to -3°C (16-27°F)
- Max capacity: 200
English-speaking race officials from Albatros Adventure Marathons are in charge of the event.
Albatros Adventure Marathons is a brand owned by Albatros Travel.
- Marathon or half-marathon – EUR 300
- Polar Bear Challenge – EUR 400
Race entry includes:
- English-speaking race officials
- Medical team
- Time keeping
- Transport to the starting point
- Manned drink stations including safety equipment
- Start number and medal
- Exclusive Polar Circle Marathon 2022 running T-shirt
More details at Polar Circle Marathon.