MT. BIDAWAN 25KM RUN 2019 will be happening on 17 November 2019.
Mt. Bidawan is a pine-forested mountain situated within the barangays Poblacion, Tinongdan, and Dalupirip in the municipality of Itogon. It has an elevation of 1,240 Meters Above Sea Level (MASL).
Ave Maria Shrine is a grotto found on the saddle adjoining Mt. Bidawan and Mt. Cotcot. A foreign missionary priest moved for its construction within the trail linking barangays Dalupirip and Poblacion on 20 June 1959. It is being considered to become a pilgrimage site in the area and its reconstruction is being proposed.
The Mt. Bidawan 25km run 2019 is the first trail-running event organized by the Itogon Mountain Runners (IMR) in partnership with the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) and the municipality of Itogon.
To establish a trail running and hiking destination by exposing tourist spots around Itogon.
To advocate responsible stewardship of natural resources, particularly the mountain.
To promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
To bring together individuals who are interested in outdoor activities such as mountain running.
To provide livelihood ideas to local residents specifically the local tour guides by acting as marshals and at the same time act as first aid responders during the event.
To further, develop the trail running activity in the local setting.
To give support to Itogon Micro Small Medium Enterprises (MSMEs).
To give support to youth studying at isolated schools or schools affected by calamities here in Itogon.
For the beautification and maintenance of Mt. Bidawan. and
To raise funds for the Itogon Mountain Runners (IMR) Youth athletes group.
Registration fees with corresponding categories are as follows:
- 25KM – Php 1600.00 (Itogon Municipal Gym – 1300 Level Swimming Pool – Sangilo Tailings Dam – Bayabas Trail @ Timona – Sitio Ma-nit -Sitio Tokok – Ave Maria – Mt. Bidawan campsite- Mt. Bidawan summit)
- 16KM – Php 1200.00 (Itogon Municipal Gym – 1300 Level Swimming Pool – Sangilo Tailings Dam – Bayabas Trail @ Timona – Sitio Ma-nit -Sitio Tokok)
- 8KM – Php 800.00 (Itogon Municipal Gym – 1300 Level Swimming Pool – Sangilo Tailings Dam)
You may register at the following registration venues:
- Aid Station Café located at Pico Road, La Trinidad Benguet beside UCPB near Star Colleges.
- Toyville Bisekleta located at Ground Floor, Baguio City, Center Mall.
- Poblacion Barangay Hall, Itogon, Benguet
Online registration can also be done. You may visit the Facebook page of the organizers for the information.
Registration will include Race Bib, Environmental fee, Post-race meal, and snacks at every aid stations
Finishers will be given a Finisher Shirt. Finisher’s medal will be given for 8km and 16km participants while and Finisher’s trophy for 25km racers.
Getting to Poblacion, the Central Barangay of Itogon, Benguet from Baguio City has three options:
- You can visit the jeepney terminal of Itogon located near Tiong San (TS) along Magsaysay Avenue or Shoppers Lane. The jeepney fare per person is around Php 32.00. The travel time from Baguio to Poblacion, Itogon is approximately 50 minutes. The jeepney is available at 5:00 AM until 5:30 PM.
- You can hire a taxi from Baguio to Poblacion, Itogon for a taxi fare cost of Php 500.00 and the travel time will be approximately 40- 50 minutes. The maximum number of passengers in the taxi is 4 persons only.
- You can contact the organizers since they will be arranging a jeepney from Baguio on Sunday, 17 November 2019 at 2:00 AM in the terminal going directly to Poblacion, Itogon with a minimal fee.
The venue is at Fianza Memorial Gymnasium near the Municipal Hall of Itogon.
You may camp in the school near the venue or sleep in the school for a fee. You may also spend the night at 1300 level swimming pools with an affordable fee.
You may also enjoy hot spring/swimming/steam baths before or after the race depending on your most convenient time.
Assembly time, gun start, and cut-off times are as follows:
- 25KM – 4 AM, 5 AM, 7 hours
- 16KM – 5 AM, 5:30 AM, 5 HOURS
- 8KM – 5:30 AM, 6 AM, 3 HOURS
You may also check out their Facebook page here or contact them at (0907) 289-8706.