Come and enjoy running the trails at Tabuk, Kalinga. You will experience nature at its best.
This event dubbed as “Tabuk Road to Trail Run” will be happening on 14 April 2019. It will start on a beautiful Sunday morning, rain or shine at the venue which will be at the Tabuk National High School.
Race categories and registration fees are as follows:
- 42 km – Php 2,300.00
- 28 km – Php 1,500.00
- 12 km – Php 1,000.00
- 5 km – Php 750.00
Regular registration already started last 21 February 2019 and will be until 31 March 2019.
A medical certificate is required for 42K and 28K participants. A 42K runner must have completed a 21K trail run or road run prior to this event. A 21K runner must have completed a 12K trail run or road run before this event. The completed events should be verifiable online.
Each participant must at least 18 years old during race day, especially those joining the higher race levels. Any minor joining will be required to submit a parent/guardian’s consent.
Registration areas are as follows:
- TABUK CITY Area
- NIA Office, Purok 6,Bulanao, Tabuk City. In between COA & Kalinga State University Look for Agnep Daphne Kyle Yag-as
- BAGUIO, BENGUET Area:
- Flycatchers Yoga Studio, 3rd Floor La Azotea, 108 Session Road Baguio City
- BONTOC, MT. PROVINCE Area:
- CMV Outdoors, Pobalcion
- Aijay’s Marketing, Poblacion
- SAGADA, MT. PROVINCE Area:
- Something Sagada Shop, 1st Floor, Centrum Bldg., Poblacion
- Residential Lodge, Dagdag
- Shamrock Tavern, Makingking, Brgy. Demang
There are several places where you can stay near the venue. Check the following list below and you may contact them so you can book already.
- Davidson Hotel, Bulanao, Tabuk: 0917-579-7110
- M Hotel, Dagupan, Tabuk: 0917-813-5289; 0915-385-1423
- Laoagan Inn & Resort, Bulanao, Tabuk: 0919-889-7311
- Tampco Inn & Training Center, Appas, Tabuk: 0939-903-4834
- Las Vegas Hotel and Restaurant, Dagupan West, Tabuk: 0909-452-5858; 0917-102-4954
- Bilza Lodge and Resort, Dagupan, Tabuk: 0998-547-2109
- Golden Berries Hotel: 0915-844-4119
- Grand Zion Garden Resort Hotel: 0916-373-4366
Kalinga is a province in the Cordillera region. It has no malls and crowded highways and it is the place where you can see famous Chico River which is Philippines’ longest river flowing from Mountain Province to Cagayan. It is also a popular destination for White Water Rafting in Luzon, hence it was named “White Water Rafting Capital in Northern Philippines” with difficulty peaking at level 5 during rainy season. It is also the source of irrigation for the rice fields for the entire Kalinga province. Tabuk is also known as the “Rice Granary of the Cordilleras” but they are also known for other organic crops including cacao and coffee.