Start your February 2019 by joining at the 2019 Pilipinas Akyathlon. You will enjoy the backdrop and the challenge that skyrunning brings.
Skyrunning is defined at The International Skyrunning Federation as “mountain running above 2,000m over extremely technical trails.”
The 2019 Philippine Skyrunning Championships will take place at Tinongdan, Itogon, Benguet from 9-10 February 2019.
Five categories will be included and are as follows:
- Kiddie Akyathlon will have a distance of two kilometers with a cutoff time of two hours and will start at 3PM on 9 February 2019.
- Vertical Kilometer (National Vertical Kilometer Championships) will have a distance of five kilometers with a cutoff time of two hours and will start at 7AM on 9 February 2019.
- 10-Kilometer Trail Run will start at 6AM on 10 February 2019 and will have a cutoff time of four hours.
- 25-Kilometer Mountain Run will start at 4:30AM on 10 February 2019 and will have a cutoff time of nine hours.
- 49-Kilometer Sky Marathon (National Skyrunning Championships) will start at 4:30AM on 10 February 2019 and will have a cutoff time of 12 hours with intermediate cutoff times along the route to determine if a runner will still be allowed to continue and finish the race.
If you are planning to compete at the Asia Trail Master Championship, this is your chance now to earn performance points that will enable you to join the said Series. Only members of the Asia Trail Master Series will be recognized and Pilipinas Akyathlon 2019 is a part of this marathon series.
Participants are expected to be physically fit and be able to endure the terrain and challenging course of the race most especially the uphill sections and the crossing of bridges which will thwart your fear of heights.
You may register by clicking at this Registration Link.