This mountain run organized by Team Malaya will partly benefit a fellow Filipino in his bid in finishing the 2018 Western States Endurance Run 100 in June.
Mankayan, Benguet is the birthplace of Jovencio Luspian, a Cordilleran athlete and he was fortunate to have been one of the runners who will join the world’s oldest 100-mile trail race. The Western States Endurance Run will traverse along the Western States Trail starting at Squaw Valley, California, and ending in Auburn, California. This It is held yearly on the last week of June.
Registration for the 2018 Mankayan Mountain Run is available at the following registration sites:
- Toyville at Baguio Center Mall
- Coffee Library Rex Hall, Upper Bonifacio St.
- La Trinidad: Inglay Restaurant, Km 6, La Trinidad
- Mankayan Cooperative, Back Street, Poblacion
- Finrun Store, Aurora Street, Poblacion
You may also contact Team Malaya for the online registration procedures.
This race will be held on 25 March 2018 for the following categories:
- 26K – Php 1,500.00 inclusive of a race bib, post-run meal, Finisher’s medal, and finisher shirt
- 14K – Php 850.00 inclusive of a race bib, post-run meal, Finisher’s medal, and finisher shirt
The following categories will be held on 24 March 2018:
- 12K Mankayan Adventure Walk – Php 500.00 inclusive of a race bib, snacks, and finisher shirt
- 1.5K Kiddie Run – Php 450.00 inclusive of a race bib, snacks, goodie bag, and finisher shirt