This is not a Baguio running event but it is a very interesting ultra-marathon. Are you ready to conquer these three towns in Ilocos Norte — Burgos, Bangui, and Pagudpud?
The said event is in coordination with iRunner founder, Randy Abasolo, as part of his two final running events prior to his retirement from organizing running race events. His counterpart for Philippinelauf is Thomas Durnborg of Germany along with several European ultra-runners.
It will consist of the following stages:
- Stage 1 February 17, 2017 Start/Finish = Saud – Beach way- Hannah’s Beach – Bantay Abot Cave – Caunayan (Total distance is 45 km)
- Stage 2 February 18, .2017 Start = Saud – Pagudpud – Dumalneg – Farm-to- Market Road – Beach Windmills – Bangui – finish line @ Bojeador Lighthouse (Total distance is 45 km)
- Stage 3 , February 21, 2017 Start/Finish = Saud – on mountain roads – Patapat Bridge – Kalbario Natural Park – back Caunayan – Saud (Total distance is 48 km)
- Stage 4 February 22, 2017 (runners will be hauled to the starting line) Start/Finish = Bagong Lipunan Lodge – Pansian Beach – Adams Road – Adams – little ways trails in the mountains – Checkpoint – back to Adams (Total distance is 46 km)
- Stage 5 February 25, 2017 Start/Finish = Saud – Pagudpud – Dumalneg – Lanao – natural waterfalls – turning point – Saud
- Stage 6 (final stage) February 27, 2017 Start/Finish = Saud – Baduwang – little ways trails height in mountains – checkpoint – back to Saud (Total distance is 44 km)
The said event, “Philippinelauf”, is a German term meaning “Philippine Run!” covering the towns of Burgos, Bangui, and Pagudpud in Ilocos Norte featuring an average of 45-kilometer run per stage. The event will start on February 17 and will commence on February 25.
Registration fees will be Php 2,500.00 per stage if you opted to join one event only and Php 15,000.00 for the whole six-stage ultra-running event.
For more information regarding the ultra-marathon event, please text or call the following numbers:
- (0999) 910-4410
- (0905) 422-0341